Development of Russian Multilateral Completion TechnologiesRun in Hole
The solutions offered by ADL Completions will allow producing from all side tracks of a multilateral well and enable precise re-entry into the main and sidetracks during production. We offer solutions suitable for new wells and existing multilateral wells with casing strings of any size.
Larger reservoir exposure delivered by drilling additional sidetracks.
Less rig time for replicated solutions.
Added production from thin layers.
Less capital expenditures for upper completion.
Construction of TAML 1 wells in challenging geological and downhole environments.
1. Problems encountered while drilling the main bore resulted in a sub-horizontal wellbore trajectory (93° at the whipstock landing depth), making it more difficult to install the ADL Completions LLC equipment;
2. The main wellbore liner was run in one trip on an anchor packer to 3,800 m depth where the azimuthal location of the orienting sub was taken;
3. The hollow whipstock was run and stabbed onto the anchor packer with a mill assembly, then oriented in the specified azimuthal direction during one trip;
4. A 2.5-m casing window was cut and a 4-m rathole was drilled. Total milling time is 8.5 hours.
Construction of TAML 1 well in a thin reservoir.
1. A 520-m long main bore liner was run during one trip on the anchor packer, then azimuthal location of the orienting sub was taken using a standalone orienting device;
2. The hollow whipstock was run and stabbed onto the anchor packer with a mill assembly, then oriented in the specified azimuthal direction during one trip;
4. A 2.5-m casing window was cut and a 5-m rathole was drilled. Total milling time is 7.5 hours.
4. Flow rate at well start-up was higher than in the offset wells completed on the same field by competing contractors.
Construction of TAML2 well completed by a third-party contractor. The job was complicated by having no depth reference, well azimuth and exact window cutting data.
1. The whipstock assembly was promptly supplemented by a casing window locator;
2. The casing window was located and the assembly was activated during one trip;
3. The window was milled providing access to the side track;
4. Hydrochloric acid treatment was successfully completed in the side track;
5. Under customer instruction, the whipstock was retrieved to surface together with the anchor.